Emergency Assistance Program :
HASDC provides emergency assistance to individuals or families who are affected by hemophilia or other bleeding disorders. These funds are to be used for immediate and severe medical needs that impact one’s health, safety or well-being that are directly related to their disorder and not covered by insurance. Any individual requesting assistance must complete an Emergency Assistance Application describing the nature of the emergency, the amount requested, financial declaration and compelling evidence that the need is indeed emergent. Submitting a request does not guarantee funding.
To qualify for assistance, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an active member of HASDC. An active member is defined as an individual who is in the HASDC database and has a bleeding disorder or a family member with a bleeding disorder.
- Resident of San Diego/Imperial Counties or receives treatment for bleeding disorders at one of the two San Diego treatment centers – Rady Children’s Hospital HTTC or UC San Diego Health HTTC.
All emergency requests must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The specific care or treatment of bleeding disorders and related costs such as medications, medical supplies, insurance assistance, etc.
- Other related health needs such as dental, eye care, or other medical.
- Items that impact the health and safety of individuals/family members, such as relevant home repairs (ex: disability access).
- Items that directly impact one’s ability to receive medical services, such as transportation to HTC appointments, bus passes, or other forms of transportation.
- Grocery Card
- Other requests to be considered, case by case.
Funds are only disbursed to third parties and are not given directly to the individual requesting funds. Each request will be carefully reviewed and be approved or denied based on need and available funding. Individuals are limited to receiving a maximum allocation of $250 in assistance, once within a 12-month period. If financial assistance is not approved, HASDC will consider an alternative assistance.
Example of items we do NOT fund:
- Household Bills (if you need SDG&E assistance please contact them regarding their Neighbor-to-Neighbor program)
- Car payments
- Car repairs
If you are in need of assistance for the items listed above or your request was denied, please contact 211 San Diego.