REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
HASDC’s Camp Dragonfly has been serving the teens of San Diego and Imperial Counties since 2014. Camp Dragonfly is an outdoor adventure summer camp, hosted by the Hemophilia Association of San Diego County in partnership with Rady Children’s Hospital Hemophilia & Thrombosis Treatment Center. Camp Dragonfly serves campers affected with hemophilia, von Willebrand’s disease, platelet disorders, and other rare chronic bleeding disorders from San Diego and Imperial Counties.
WHO CAN ATTEND CAMP?
HASDC’s Camp Dragonfly is for our teen campers, ages 14-17, diagnosed with a bleeding disorder (given priority), carriers and their siblings. Campers must be 14-years old on the first day of camp in order to attend. Siblings must attend with their affected sibling in order to attend. Campers must independently manage all personal care and mobility, which includes being able to self-infuse. Those living within San Diego & Imperial Counties will be given priority.
WHY ATTEND CAMP?
Camp Dragonfly provides teens with the tools they need to overcome the challenges presented to them by their disorder as well as connect with peers, gain leadership skills, test personal limits and the opportunity to commune with nature. By attending Camp Dragonfly, campers will experience camping and an outdoor program which challenges at both the individual and group levels.
Professional medical staff from Rady Children’s Hospital Hemophilia & Thrombosis Treatment Center are on site for duration of the camp program.
Each camper is to pay a non-refundable $25.00 registration fee. Additional camp costs are underwritten by grants and funds raised by HASDC’s Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk.
DATES | LOCATION
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE
Friday, July 8 – Tuesday, July 12, 2022
ETC River Camp – Lotus, CA
ABOUT & TRAVEL
Join us as we return to rafting on the South Fork of the American River. Come experience the beauty of the South Fork, and the excitement, challenge and connection to nature that comes with whitewater rafting. This is a memorable adventure, perfect for those who have spent time on the river before or novice paddlers.
We will be camping for four days and three nights at the ETC (Environmental Traveling Companions) River Camp’s riverfront property located in Lotus, CA. Along with rafting, participants will be sleeping under the stars (tent optional), cooking all meals in their full outdoor kitchen, enjoying group activities and nightly campfires. Please note: there will be accessible bathrooms but no showers.
July 8, 2022: Attendees will travel via plane from San Diego to Sacramento
July 12, 2022: Attendees will travel via plane from Sacramento to San Diego
HASDC will be requiring ALL camp attendees, staff and campers, to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) River Camp
ETC requires all their river guides to be fully vaccinated unless there is a health-related issue in which case they ask that they provide a recent negative test before attending in-person events. ETC encourages the use of masks when physical distancing is not practical, such as group briefings and when traveling in shuttle vehicles. ETC does not require the use of masks while on the water, kayaking or rafting. Enhanced hygiene practices include, frequent hand washing, no sharing of water bottles, and additional precautions when preparing food.
Please make sure you have all the required camper information, including health information and documents, provided below, ready to upload, before completing your application.
You will need to provide and/or upload the following documents:
- HASDC Physicians Form: to be completed by your local HTC. Date of your child’s last comprehensive visit with the HTC but be within 12-months of the first day of camp (July 8) OR completed by primary care physician (if child does not have a bleeding disorder) showing physical examination within 12-months of the first day of camp (July 8).
- Medications: complete list of medications your child takes (includes but not limited to factor, other prescription meds, over the counter medications, inhalers, etc.)
- Insurance Card: copy of your child’s insurance card, front and back.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: a copy of your child’s COVID-19 vaccination card (full COVID vaccination required for all campers and staff; must be fully vaccinated 2-weeks prior to camp start date).
- Immunization Records: a copy of your child’s immunization records, signed and validated by your primary care physician. The following immunizations/vaccinations are required: DTap (Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis), MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella), Measles, Varicella (chicken pox), Polio, Hepatitis A & B, and COVID-19.
- ETC Health & Liability Release: please complete this form and upload when asked in the application.
If you are interested in apply for a staff position at Camp Dragonfly, please reach out to the chapter directly for the application link.
Update 5/17/22: Camp Dragonfly has filled all of the available staff positions. Thank you for your interest!
In addition to working with Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) for our river trip, we are excited to be partnering with GutMonkey to bring you a unique and interactive experience. Thank you GutMonkey for partnering with HASDC to provide programming and camp support for Camp Dragonfly this year.