SAVE THE DATES!
HASDC’s Camp Dragonfly has been serving the teens of San Diego and Imperial Counties since 2014. Camp Dragonfly is an outdoor adventure summer camp, hosted by the Hemophilia Association of San Diego County in partnership with Rady Children’s Hospital Hemophilia & Thrombosis Treatment Center. Camp Dragonfly serves campers affected with hemophilia, von Willebrand’s disease, platelet disorders, and other rare chronic bleeding disorders from San Diego and Imperial Counties.
WHO CAN ATTEND CAMP?
HASDC’s Camp Dragonfly is for our teen campers, ages 14-18, diagnosed with a bleeding disorder (given priority), carriers and their siblings. Campers must be 14-years old on the first day of camp in order to attend. Siblings must attend with their affected sibling in order to attend. Campers diagnosed with a bleeding disorder must independently manage all personal care and mobility, which includes being able to self-infuse or administer factor product. Those living within San Diego & Imperial Counties will be given priority.
WHY ATTEND CAMP?
Camp Dragonfly provides teens with the tools they need to overcome the challenges presented to them by their disorder as well as connect with peers, gain leadership skills, test personal limits and the opportunity to commune with nature. By attending Camp Dragonfly, campers will experience camping and an outdoor program which challenges at both the individual and group levels.
Professional medical staff from Rady Children’s Hospital Hemophilia & Thrombosis Treatment Center are on site for duration of the camp program.
Each camper is to pay a non-refundable $25.00 registration fee. Additional camp costs are underwritten by grants and funds raised by HASDC’s Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk.
DATES | LOCATION
Monday, July 8 – Friday, July 12, 2024
ETC River Camp – Lotus, CA
ABOUT & TRAVEL
Join us as we return to rafting on the South Fork of the American River. Come experience the beauty of the South Fork, and the excitement, challenge and connection to nature that comes with whitewater rafting. This is a memorable adventure, perfect for those who have spent time on the river before or novice paddlers.
We will be tent camping for five days and four nights at the ETC (Environmental Traveling Companions) River Camp’s riverfront property located in Lotus, CA. Along with rafting, participants will be sleeping under the stars (tent optional), cooking all meals in their full outdoor kitchen, enjoying group activities and nightly campfires. Please note: there will be accessible bathrooms but no showers.
July 8, 2024: Attendees will travel via plane from San Diego to Sacramento
July 12, 2024: Attendees will travel via plane from Sacramento to San Diego
Please make sure you have all the required camper information, including health information and documents, provided below, ready to upload, before completing your application.
You will need to provide and/or upload the following documents:
- HASDC Physicians Form: to be completed by your local Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC). Date of your child’s last comprehensive visit with the HTC but be within 12-months of the first day of camp (July 10) OR completed by primary care physician (if child does not have a bleeding disorder) showing physical examination within 12-months of the first day of camp (July 10).
- Medications: complete list of medications your child takes (includes but not limited to factor, other prescription meds, over the counter medications, inhalers, etc.)
- Insurance Card: copy of your child’s insurance card, front and back.
- Immunization Records: a copy of your child’s immunization records, signed and validated by your primary care physician. The following immunizations/vaccinations are required: DTap (Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis), MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella), Measles, Varicella (chicken pox), Polio, Hepatitis A & B, and COVID-19 (highly recommended).
- ETC Health & Liability Release: please complete this form and upload when asked in the application.
- COVID-19 Vaccination (highly recommended): if your child is vaccinated against COVID-19, please provide a copy of your child’s COVID-19 vaccination card.
Registration for Camp Dragonfly is now closed.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Staff registration for Camp Dragonfly is now closed.
In addition to working with Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) for our river trip, we are excited to be partnering with GutMonkey to bring you a unique and interactive experience. Thank you GutMonkey for partnering with HASDC to provide programming and camp support for Camp Dragonfly this year.
THANK TO OUR SPONSORS
Thank you to our sponsors and supporters for making camp possible this year.